- 64-bit Intel Pentium 4 processor (2 GHz or faster), Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, AMD Phemnom or later, in single, dual or quad core versions
- 4 GB of RAM
To make the most of background processing and multi-threading, we recommend a 64-bit operating system and 2GB RAM for each processor as a minimum.
- 10 GB free disk space for the Edgecam installation
- Graphics card
- Intel HD range – 5000, 4400, 4200
Please ensure the latest WHQL certified driver for the card is installed.
Note: Some older cards in the ranges above may no longer be supported. Please check the relevant supplier to see if an up to date driver is available for your operating system.
Other graphic cards may work, but are unsupported.
- 17" Colour monitor (1280 x 1024 screen resolution)
- Mouse including wheel (Intellimouse)
- SpaceMouse/SpaceBall (optional)
- Network card
- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Internet connection for license activation/updates
- USB port for the Edgecam security key (unless using keyless licensing)
Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise
- If a security key is fitted we recommend that you check for updates to the security key driver.
- If you experience issues with the driver supplied by your graphics card manufacture we recommend that you check for the latest driver updates on the web site for your card.
- Edgecam and Part Modeler will install and run on the 'home' editions of these operating systems. However this is not recommended and we cannot guarantee to fix any Edgecam or Part Modeler issues specifically related to these operating systems
- The Sentinel RMS license server runs as a system service on Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003,Server 2008 and Windows 7.
Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Safenet Computer ID USB key. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the new keys for use on a virtual server
- Domain Controllers are not supported for ToolStore Server and Edgecam due to SQL limitations
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista are no longer supported by Edgecam
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by Edgecam
The Edgecam installer will install any prerequisite Microsoft redistributable packages if they are not already present on your system.