ATS to Host Changing the Manufacturing Game Seminar
Changes in manufacturing processes during the next two years will have a direct impact on businesses as the pace & direction of U.S. manufacturing changes. On Thursday June 27, 10:00am – 12:00pm, manufacturers will have the opportunity to learn ways to improve their workflow through the use of Edgecam software, a complete solution provider for milling, turning, and mill-turn programming. This seminar, hosted by Adaptive Technology Solutions, will help prepare businesses for the changes in manufacturing. During the seminar, attendees will learn what is needed to help position their manufacturing facility for future success by discussing:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Edit-free code
- Extreme chip-thinning
- Innovative cost savings
- Process Consistency
The seminar includes lunch from 12:00pm – 12:45pm and free admittance into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The day also includes an afternoon session (12:45pm – 4:45pm) for all current Edgecam users, focusing on Workflow implementation with the new Edgecam software. The new functionality guides the user through the programming process in four easy and quick steps – part setup, feature creation, toolpath creation, and post processing. Once each step is complete, the user moves seamlessly to the next stage, completing each process in turn, resulting in a fully programmed, fully collision-checked part with swift and accurate CNC code generated.
Lunch and admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame (9:00am – 8:00pm) is included for those who attend the Seminar / User Group Meeting hosted by Edgecam / ATS.
The event will be located at:
Pro Football Hall of Fame
2121 George Halas Dr. NW
Canton, OH 44708
To register for the event, please go to www.ATScnc.com/changingthemanufacturinggame
Adaptive Technology Solutions:
ATS delivers a broad range of technology products, training and services for organizations in a wide range of manufacturing environments. Products such as Edgecam and Multi-DNC help the company to work with a diverse range of businesses because of its reliability and flexibility. “Edgecam has been an integral part of our business from the very beginning.
Because of our ability to work with so many types of manufacturers, it allows us to offer solutions to a varied client base – from medical to aerospace and in between." says Allen.
Part of the Vero Software Group, Edgecam is used globally within a multitude of industries, providing a complete solution for milling, turning and mill-turn programming.
And a number of enhancements in the latest release give added value for all Edgecam users.
• The industry-leading Waveform Roughing cycle now has the ability to specify a pre-drilled hole as the approach type, ensuring a smoother transition into the material, reducing the cycle time even further.
• A new “Tube” stock type has been added, and the user can now edit stock dimensions and re-pick geometry while retaining the stock shape. Changes to the stock are now considered automatically when regenerating the machining instructions.
• Further enhancements have been made to the Edgecam Simulator, enabling the simulation process to rewind to a previous position in the machining sequence.
• Toolpaths are now generated much faster thanks to a new 5-axis 64-bit machining engine running as a separate process, utilising multiple core technology. Background processing of milling cycles in the Mill/Turn environment is now available, meaning the user can carry on working while Edgecam calculates complex toolpaths.
• Edgecam Workflow – Workflow has been specifically designed for manufacturers to reduce costs, improve quality and hit shorter lead times. The new release guides the user through the programming process in four easy and quick steps – part setup, feature creation, toolpath creation, and post processing. Once each step is complete, the user moves seamlessly to the next stage, completing each process in turn, resulting in a fully programmed, fully collision-checked, part with swift and accurate CNC code generated.